Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pay Me!

This week after another pathetic loss by the Rams I had enough.  I decided to go to the dark side and start to listen to St. Louis sports talk and I found two things.  One, the Rams are so fucking bad that nobody cares anymore.  In fact they just expect them to lose and have nothing negative or positive to say about the team.  The second thing I found out is those people LOVE one Albert Pujols.  And when I say love, I mean that many of them would kill their first born just for him to sign.


You see Albert Pujols is one of the best Baseball players I have ever seen with my own two eyes.  And in my 32 years I have seen a lot of really good Baseball players in person.  But there is a problem.  Yes as in life all good things come to an end and in St.  Louis they are fearing the worst.  Pujols, who gave the Cardinals serval opportunities to sign him to a long term contract before he became a free agent and they chose to let him go on the free market.  They felt that Pujols is loyal to the fans, loyal to the team that drafted him, loyal to the two World Series titles that he helped bring the team and loyal to the legacy of being a Cardinal.  Wrong, very very wrong.  


Like other athletes all around the world, especially ones at the top of their game get paid.  And for those of you dick wads that complain about the amount of money they make, shut your fucking mouth.  I am so sick and tired of hearing people call in saying that these guys make too much money.  That they have to work full time and barely get by.  Stop crying, please.  Seriously, world class athletes are something you and I will never be.  Added to the fact entertainers get paid mad cash.  Think about do you complain when Tom Cruise makes 25 million for a movie?  No, you don't.  In fact you probably don't even care about it like you do with a professional athlete.


And when I hear people complain about stupid shit like he is going to leave for the money it makes me sick.  By saying that you are also saying that you would stay working at the local liquor store when 7-11 came calling offering you a $.10 raise.  Your broke ass would jump all over that.  You cannot tell me otherwise.  So why hold athletes in a different light from yourself?  


Athletes are entertainers.  We pay in various was to watch them do what they do.  They play to get paid and no matter what the money always wins.  So Cardinals fans when he leaves for slightly more money in another few days don't get mad.  Just ask yourself what you would do if you were him.  But then again I am probably asking you peons too much to divorce yourself from being a fan.  Because at the end of the day that's why you are pissed, he will no longer be a part of the team you root for.  Or maybe your feeble mind has truly convinced you that you should have been him.  That it should have been you.  If only your high School coach would have put you in.  My god, if only your dad pulled out would be more appropriate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment